Anna Bu Kliewer illustrates Financial Times column ‘I’d be lost without…’.
For some time now, Anna’s been making regular appearances in the weekly Financial Times magazine, adding illustrations to their ‘I’d be lost without…‘ column. These pieces ask prominent members of the foodie community which item they couldn’t do without. Their answers range from ingredients like oats for the chef who opened a restaurant that served only types of porridge, to tools like a traditional brass cogwheel for cutting pasta.
And if you’re a foodie yourself, you may recognise some of the names Anna has helped to illustrate:
- Head chef at Mortimer House Kitchen “Lello” Favuzzi.
- Dan Keeling, co-founder of food and wine magazine and restaurant Noble Rot.
- Tatiana Fokina, chief executive of Hedonism Wines and co-founder of Hide.
- Daniel Fletcher, head chef at Fenchurch Restaurant, Sky Garden, operated by Rhubarb.
- Sandia Chang, co-owner and sommelier of Bubbledogs and Kitchen Table.
- Margot Henderson, co-founder of Rochelle Canteen and Arnold and Henderson
- Alex Hely-Hutchinson, founder of 26 Grains and Stoney Street.
- Ugo Alciati of L’Assaggio restaurant in Paris and Michelin-starred Guido Ristorante inside Fontanafredda winery in Piedmont.
- Nathan Outlaw, executive chef at Siren in the Goring Hotel and chef-proprietor of Restaurant Nathan Outlaw and Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen.
That leaves plenty for you to read (while enjoying Anna’s images), plus some of the best places to eat and drink in Britain and Europe to add to your list of spots to try in the future.
We’ve picked out a few to show below.
You can find more of Anna’s work here.